Your body is everything that makes up your physical self, held by your skin. All animals have a body, and you can also describe some inanimate objects as having a body. For example, a car's body is its main section, mostly made of metal and plastic. A written work's body is the major part of a text. In science, a body is an individual 3-dimensional object that has mass and that is distinguishable from other objects. The Old English root, bodig, means "man or animal's trunk or chest."
1. The body is something with the property of holding together and retaining its shape; therefore our skin creates our body: it holds together and retains our shape.
2. But a body is also a collection of particulars considered as a system. Therefor this glossary can be considered a skin-body.
3. The main mass of a thing (the property of a body that causes it to have weight in a gravitational field).
4. The entire structure of an organism (an animal, plant, or human being) (sometimes the body excluding the head and neck and limbs).
5. A natural object consisting of a dead animal or person.
Source: https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/body (freely derived, 22-3-2016)